December 19, 2010

Scrapping: Frame for Kyleigh

I have done a bit of scrapbooking...or papercrafting as I often hear it called now...but it has been a long, long time.  More than two years I would guess.  I have wanted to get back into it for quite awhile but just never felt inspired. 

But then I met Ruth (Hi Ruth! *wave*) and saw the awesome stuff that she was making (check out her blog here...Stamp Off, Eh!) and I decided I needed to get back into it.  Besides photography, it's the only thing I think I do moderatly well (in the creative department).

So with Ruth and Jayme Malme's help, I put together my first Close to my Heart order.  I haven't yet been able to do anything with my new stuff, but I will soon!

In the meantime, I found this project on Jayma's blog and fell in love with it!  I decided to make one for my nephew (who isn't even due until like March!) and one for his half sister, Kyleigh.  It isn't nearly as nice or detailed as Jayma's gorgeous creations but it's a start!  There are a lot of things I will do differently when I make Deegan's frame.  As soon as I put it together...I will be sure to post it here.  (Sorry for the weird picture quality...just couldn't get the lighting right.)

(I do not know the names of brands of anything I used.  It is all paper and do-dads that I have just collected randomly over time. The glitter is just your standard glitter. The letters were cut out using a Cricut Expression...the cartridge came with it and is just called Cricut Classic Font.)

1 comment: