January 22, 2011

Award!

*gasp!* My very first award! Being that I only have 8 posts to my name....this is very unexpected.  Thanks to my amazing friend Ruth for the honor!


The rules of this award are simple:
  1. Thank the person who gave it to you and link to their blog (already done!)
  2. Share 8 things about yourself
  3. Share the award with 8 other "Stylish Bloggers" and share the bloggin' love

Wow....eight things about myself...this could be difficult.

1.   Like Ruth, I play World of Warcraft.  While I don't have any family members that I have been able to convince they would love it as much as I do...some of my closest friends (who live 7+ hours drive away) do...and I have gotten to know some RL aquaitences better...and have a made a dear friend (remember that gal Ruth I mentioned earlier?) that I wish I could know outside of the online world. 

2.   I love to play games.  Not just computer games like WoW...but any game really. Consoles not so much though I do enjoy them from time to time. But board games, card games, whatever. And the less traditional the better.  Settlers of Catan, Dominion, Ticket to Ride, etc.  Can't get enough of them.

3.   I'm gonna be a (biological) auntie! My brother, Jacob is expecting his baby boy, Deegan, to be born around the first of March! 

4.   Although this is my first biological nephew...I am no stranger to being an aunt.  I have two dear friends who have kids (current score: Girls 2....Boys 2) who are also my neices and nephews.  My friends are just as much family to me as actual family.

5.   I don't like very many foods.  Veggies....blech.  Fish....blech.  So not an adventerous eater.  Though I have tried more new foods in the past few years...mostly due to being lovingly teased by a friend about not liking anything.  Last adventerous food attempted....Indian.  It was ok. I would eat it again but I don't think it's something I will ever crave.  The desert we had though was the most amazing thing I have ever had.  A warm dark chocolate and cherry samosa.  nomnomnom!

6.   I have worked for the same company since I was 21...12 years!  I think thats a pretty amazing feat.

7.   I love to watch House Hunters International and imagine myself someday (yeah right!) being lucky enough to by an amzing apartment in the heart of Amsterdam or a quaint farmhouse in the French countryside.

8.   Uhmmmm.....

Eight blogs to pass the award on to...this might be a small problem...I only follow two other blogs, one of which is Ruth's

  • Playing with Paper  This is the great site belonging to Jayma Malme...a Close to My Heart rep who was so very kind to me in getting me started with stamping!  She invited me into her home and showed me the ropes!  She is super creative and has a great eye.  I look forward to being able to work with her some more and eventually be able to attend one of her All-You-Can-Make card parties!
As I am new to the blogging world, this will sadly be my only site to give an award to!  But as I grow into it and find new sites that I love...I will be sure to update and share the blogging love!

No comments:

Post a Comment