February 11, 2011

Scrapping: Thank You card



A couple months ago, I purchased (stamping and scrapbooking) supplies from Close to My Heart with the intention of making cards galore! but have never found the time or maybe the...courage? to attempt making anything. The paper is too pretty...I don't want to use it all up! Or...what if I mess something up and can't use part of what I cut out and then that paper is wasted!  ::sigh::

After friends in Las Vegas graciously let me crash their lives for four days, I decided it was the perfect opportunity to make my first card...a Thank You card. 

And here it is!

All of the materials used are CTMH with the exception of the card base, glue and thick double-sided sticky squares that I used to raise the "gratitude" portion of the card.

The paper is Splendor, the ink colors are Goldrush, Topiary and Moonstruck, the brads are the ones that match the Splendor paper, the ribbon is from the Colonial White mini-medley pack and the stamp I used (the design on the orange paper is stamped) was Blooming Flourishes.

I have a lot to learn yet...but I am proud of my first card.  I think it turned out well.   :-)

Comments welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Starla!! I like that you weren't afraid to use secondary colors!

    ReplyDelete